The basic idea of Snapchat is about a user taking a snapshot and sharing it with a particular user or group. Just as there are the good sides of this social media platform, the level of freedom the app has can sometimes be quite tiring and exhausting. Most of these issues are usually associated with group messages.
There are different ways to add people to Snapchat group and this can be done by anyone who is already in the group and not necessarily the person who opened the group. On Snapchat, users always make the attempt of removing annoying members from the group chat even though social media has been termed as a vehicle for engagement. Some users sometimes make it a toxic atmosphere and defeat the purpose of the group.
What Is Snapchat Group All About?
The Snapchat group is said to be a new feature provided by the Snapchat team. This feature allows a user to form groups with up to 100 friends with whom the user can engage, communicate and share snaps. Users also engage with brands and businesses that provide professionally crafted stories in different episodes.
While other apps like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook only allow admins to add and make certain changes, Snapchat groups allow any member of the group to do just anything they want in the group. The group chat tends to appear automatically on the user’s screen once the group is created
Tips That Can Help One Delete People From Snapchat Groups
There is no particular feature in Snapchat to remove someone from the group. However, there are other ways around this oversight.
- Create a new group
Just as it has been stated, creative users always have a way of suiting their needs. In other to get someone out of a particular group, one can just create a new group and add everyone from the old group that you would want in the group. Even though this is actually petty, it seems like a good option.
- Ask the person to leave the group
Another way of getting rid of someone in the group is by simply asking the person to leave the group. This might be harsh or confrontational it can be a great way of getting rid of annoying members.
- Allow the group to expire
If the above option seems too hard, then you can just allow the group to expire in other to avoid any drama. Just like the regular snaps, group snaps also expire, and eventually, the group gets deleted after 24 hours.
- Block the user
Another way of removing someone from a Snapchat group is by blocking such person. Blocking a user will delete them from the group but also from the user’s friend list. The blocked user won’t be able to message or have access to the user’s account.
In other to block a Snapchat user, go to the person’s profile and click on the three vertical dots. A menu will appear and then tap block which is written in red. This process can be reversed and the user can be unblocked but the user won’t be on the person’s Snapchat anymore unless such person is added again.
All these processes won’t be necessary if the Snapchat group is not formed in the first place, take a look at how such groups are formed. Depending on the type of mobile phone one is using, these steps can be followed to manage a group chat.
- Open the Snapchat application
- Click on the new chat icon in the bottom right corner of the phone.
- Add friends to the group. Only those on the friend list can be added on the group chat.
- Assign a name to your group
- More friends can be added later on by editing the group.
If one decides to leave a group on his own, these steps can be followed:
- Open the particular group
- Tap the group chat icon at the top to open the group profile
- Tap the three dots at the top
- Then tap on’ Leave Group’. Once the user leaves the group chat, the snaps and chats will be cleared even the ones that were saved.
Other Features That Are Common To Snapchat Groups
- Messages and snaps in the group are deleted after 24 hours automatically.
- Group chats conversations that be saved for other users to see
- There are no snapstreak features
- The moment a user leaves the group, all snaps and chat messages will be deleted
- To see who has read, saved, or done anything to a chat, press and hold on the chat.
- When group members open a snap, their names appear below the chat.
- If a Bitmoji sticker is sent, Friendmoji will only appear with the person who last sent a chat to the group.