Having an interest in someone remains just an interest until they are outrightly said – whether at work or out. However, you can tell if a guy likes you at work without him directly uttering the words. How? you may want to ask.
Well, studies have shown that men show signs when they like a woman. They send messages across through spoken or written words; and also through their body language. Some parts of the body that a man uses when he likes you include his eyes, hands, and facial expressions among others.
The conflict nonetheless comes from whether a man displays kindness towards you or that he truly finds you attractive. There are actually several ways to decipher the difference between a man who is interested and a man who is only kind towards you.
Here are signs to know if a man is interested in you and what you should do.
How do You Tell if a Guy Likes You At Work?
He Uses Words of Complements and Enjoys Talking to You
Based on research, a lot of men talk to women that they find attractive. It further states that men are wired in different ways as compared to women when it comes to conversations.
While women indulge in conversations with women and other men for no particular reason, most men would rather keep away from talking to you if they don’t find you attractive. However, this does not necessarily mean that the man who talks to you wants to date you.
In any case, if a man at your work finds a way to choose you out of the many at an organization to be chatting with at every given opportunity, then he may be interested in you and possibly like you.
Similarly, a guy who likes you at work will notice little details about you, what you wear, and much more. Rather than keeping what he notices to himself, he’ll find a way to compliment you. For instance, he’ll compliment your dress, your shoe, hairstyle, makeup, and even your work.
In addition, a man that likes you will not only talk to you about work-related issues but also about personal issues. Also, the tone that he may use on you may be different as compared to how he speaks to other workers.
How Does a Guy Use Body Language to Show that He Likes You?
55% of the message of attraction is through body language. Hence, a man that finds you attractive will use quite a number of body language to give you a hint.
Some of the body languages include:
- He will walk beside you at every given opportunity at work or out
- A man who likes you at work would prefer to have you walk on the inside while he stays on the outside. It’s a signal that he wants to protect you
- The man that is interested in you may not pay too much attention to his phone when he’s around you
- He hugs you in a different way compared to how he hugs others. For instance, he hugs you longer than usual and may accompany it with a squeeze
- He mirrors your facial expression and also matches it with your conversation
- Another way to know if a man has an interest in you is that he chooses to face you in a group setting
- He speaks with an open posture to indicate attentiveness and curiosity
- A man that likes you at work will not hesitate to touch you every now and then, touch his neckline or necklace
- They can choose to lock eyes with you no matter the number of people present
How do you know if a guy has a crush on you secretly
A man at work may like you and show you that he is interested. Other times men can have a crush and still hide it. How then do you know that a man is interested in you?
Some things that men do when they like you but choose to hide it include:
- He smiles at you for no particular reason
- He confides in you and tells you his personal details
- A man that finds you attractive but tries t hide it asks questions about work and also other personal things
- He may also become nervous at the sight of you
- The man tries to establish common grounds and talk about the things you have in common
- He asks for advice
- He can pick on you playfully to make him appear uninterested in you
- He does little things that he thinks may make you happy
- A man that likes you secretly will remember little details about you and mention them every now and then
How Do You Tell if a Guy Likes You or is Just Being Nice
The aura that passes through a man that is just acting nicely towards a woman at work may be very similar to that of a man who is interested in her.
For a man who is just being nice, he may compliment you, and use other suggestive body languages. The difference, however, could be in his frequency as well as his choice of words.
For instance, a man who is just being nice to a woman at work could help her out with some basic things such as her bag, let her walk in the inner space, and listens to her. On the other hand, a man who likes her may hold her hand at every given opportunity, steal a glance and touch her.
Other ways to know if a guy likes you or if he is only being nice include:
- If he is only being friendly, he may not want to get your attention in the little things that he does. For instance, a man with interest in you will want to see your reaction after he says or do something while a man being nice can ignore your thoughts about how funny he is or even how he speaks
- An interested man would not mind making the first move in texting, conversations, or asking for you to go out with him. on the other hand, a friendly man toward you may switch from starting making the first move to sometimes ignoring you
- A friendly man may want to be around you but not at every given opportunity while a man interested in you tries to be around you most times
- A friendly man may not talk about you every time that an opportunity presents itself while a man that likes you talks about you at work and off
What Can I do if a Guy at My Workplace Likes Me?
It is either you like a man who likes you at work or you don’t feel the same way about him.
In a situation where he likes you but does not say it and you don’t feel the same way, try as much as possible to not give any green light. Instead, keep things professional within the work environment and outside.
If you share common friends and he tells them how he feels about you, genuinely tell them your feelings since they may help to pass the message across.
Moving to a situation where you like him back, reciprocate some of his gestures. For instance, look at him the same way he looks at you; engage in conversations outside of work, hang out with him, touch him, and let him protect you in little ways that he offers among other things.
In conclusion, inasmuch as the tips here about how to tell if a guy likes you at work may be common among most men, some men may display different ways. Hence, only a sign may not completely tell you if a man likes you.